Workshop registration on-line ends 9 AM Aug. 24, 2016. (Multiple workshops purchased give you more savings per workshop. )
On-line Workshop Registration Fees are:
$65 per workshop, 3 workshops $165, 4 Workshops $195, 5 Workshops $225, 6 workshops $255 or all 7 workshops $285.
At the door $75 per workshop if seats are available.
Scroll down for information on workshops being offered at the Aug. 24-28, 2016 SMSWF. All Workshops will be held at the Edgewater Hotel (402 River Rd. Gatlinburg, TN) except for Inspired Beginnings in Songwriting. It will be held at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort (2525 DreamMore Way, Pigeon Forge, TN).
Select the number of workshops you want in the box below, then click the Add to Cart button. Please send us an email to email@example.com giving us the number and/or the name of the workshops you have paid for. Or you can type the number and/or workshop name in the instructions to seller section during the add to cart pay process.
Please be sure we have your name and correct email address when paying.
You can also enter by sending us a check or MO payable to SMSWF for the registration package amount you want. Please include contact information and email. Mail to: SMSWF 2016 Workshops, PO Box 753, Gatlinburg, TN 37738.
Please click on the blue highlighted title for more information on that specific workshop.
(1) Thurs. Aug. 25th 1-3PM Bluegrass 101 Workshop Covering the basics of writing songs for the current Bluegrass market. Will cover both the “Creative” and the “Business” side of the genre. Presented by Jerry Salley, Carl Jackson and Larry Shell.
(2) Thurs. Aug. 25th 3:30-4:30 PM “Useless information for the KNOW-IT-ALLS” – a down to the basics seminar for everyone looking for knowledge to better understand the workings of lyric and melody. Michael deBills, author of “MUSIC BY NUMBERS”, will show you how to use the number system to chart your songs.
(3) Fri. Aug. 26th 10 AM – Noon “Tune Your Hits Before You Pitch” presented by Sandy Ramos with The Songtuner. Sandy’s Songtuner does the ‘Pitch to Pro Pipeline’ and the ‘Pitch Your Songs’ programs getting songs for those not in a publishing deal out to the music industry.
(4) Fri. Aug. 26th 1-3 PM “Arranging the Hit 2016“ presented by Larry Beaird. If you have never been to Larry Beaird’s workshop this is a must. . Larry uses his extensive research of hit songs to show writers how to make their songs more commercial. Plus Larry will be having a drawing where one of you attending this workshop will win a Premier Demo ($625 Value) from Beaird Music Group.
(5) Fri. Aug. 26th 3:30-5:30 PM “Songwriter Advice from “Hall of Famers” presented by Pat Alger, Tony Arata, Kent Blazy. Kim Williams organized this workshop because he saw the value of these guys giving back what they had learned along the way. Pat, Tony and Kent will be here to pick up what Kim Williams started. These guys wrote most of the #1 Hits that made Garth… GARTH BROOKS! (Limeade will be served in honor of Kent Blazy and the crew.)
(6) Sat. Aug. 27th 10 AM – Noon “SMSWF Pitch Stop Shop” Music Industry pros participating are Doug Johnson – Black River Entertainment, Aaron Bowlin – Curb Records. Frank Green – Skytone Entertainment, Jeffery Nelson – Nelson publishing, Lisa Johnson – Sweet Renegade Music, Sandy Ramos – The SongTuner. This is not only a great opportunity for the Songwriter but also for the Singer/Songwriter that is aspiring to be an Artist. You can pitch your song or yourself as an artist or you can simply get some coaching.
(7) Sat. Aug. 27th 10 AM – Noon “Inspired Beginnings In Songwriting” presented by Emi-Sunshine and her mother Alisha Hamilton. This workshop is for anybody as it will help bring the song inside of you out of you. This workshop will be held at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort during the SMSWF Weekend for Musicians and Lyricists ‘Mixing Words with Music’.
(8) Sun. Aug. 28th 10AM – Noon “How To Write Better Songs and Get Them Cut” presented by Max T. Barnes Hit Songwriter and son of Max D. Barnes. Max T. brings you answers to the obvious questions everyone wants answers to. “How do I write better songs?” And the big one, “How do I get them cut?”
Registration fees are not refundable once purchased. You can however receive a credit for your money that can be applied in future SMSWFs.
Any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-604-9066.