Scott Barrier, grew up a farm boy in Sparks, MD, taught himself how to play piano and guitar, and learned about melody and harmony arrangement singing in choir at Dulaney High School, and as an undergraduate at Towson University.
Scott has played in many bands of different genres, including rock, pop, folk, and country which have all influenced his writing. Since moving to Nashville, his focus has been on his songwriting development and music business education. Scott writes solo as well as with up and coming artists, pro-writers and his peers. Scott is continually pitching his songs and his efforts have garnered several indie cuts which are listed below:
1. “A God Thing” – Gary Lear (Title Track) (#4 on Christian Music Weekly Country Charts: April 2016) (Writers: Barrier, Boone)
2. “Life Is A Rodeo” – Blake Anderson (Title Track) (Selected as #5 out of top 15 independent country songs of 2016 (Writer: Scott Barrier)
3. “Reason To Drink” – The Redwine Effect (Writers: Barrier, Barrier, Draeger, Brogunier, Redwine, Hall)
4. “Having Fun In Heaven” – Kathy Redwine
(Writers: Redwine, Kaydance Redwine, Barrier)
5. “Long Way On Your Love” – Zach Grace (Writers: Barrier, Brogunier)
6. “Then There’s You” – Zach Grace (Writers: Moulden, Barrier, Grace, Fehle) 7. “Us” – Avonlea (Writers: Scott Barrier, Caitie Andreen, Avonlea Elkins)
8. “Warning Signs” – Marcy Grace (Writers: Barrier, Camacho)
Scott’s immediate goals are to continue improving his songwriting skills, expanding his pro-writing circle of co-writers, and building strong working relationships with Nashville publishers.